Design or art forms I would personally categorize as minimalist would be:
- Aniconism: Especially, Islamic and perhaps also late (and perhaps also early) Yahwistic and early Buddhist
- Abstract art: Especially Abstract expressionism of the 50's
- Perhaps any non figurative art ; an extreme form would be line segment tessellations say of lines in different hues or colors as common in clothing design (vertical example ; horizontal example ; mixed example)
- Strict uniformity (as in clothing design - only front pockets
whileno back pockets) and so forth
- By the way --- music: Anhalt EBM, Moroccan Gnawa, Yemenite oud music
I likely missed a few more possible examples or there is an existing, different term formally described and venerated, that might be different or doesn't include any of the examples I have given (these examples where given only to explain what might adjust with what I personally define minimalist (or minimalism) as there might be two ore more formal, venerated terms or schools of art).
Does a "minimalist" or "minimalism" category exist in some formal well venerated design or art literature and what would be one or more examples?