I'm curious what tools or process you need to not only create this nice dither/dot pattern but to make it with multicolored like the example below. Thanks!

enter image description here

  • 2
    looks just like noise, what tool are you using? – Luciano Feb 7 at 11:03

It appears to be simply the Noise filter in Photoshop.

Filter > Noise > Add Noise...

enter image description here

| improve this answer | |

Since you are looking for a tool, I'd like to suggest GIMP because it's free, Open Source, and cross-platform. You could also do the same in Photoshop (but it's not free).

Create your artwork in GIMP (or Photshop) using as many layers as you want. I used the Pen tool to create nice smooth selections, and filled them with basic flat colours. Using a large soft edge brush set to low opacity, set the alpha lock (Photoshop: transparency lock) on each layer, and paint in some nice colour gradients, then finally add a 50% grey filled layer at the top, and do Filters > Noise > RGB Noise (Photoshop: Filter > Add noise, uncheck "monochromatic").

Set the layer blending mode of the RGB noise layer to Overlay


enter image description here

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.