I was wondering if I could get some advice on how I could achieve this cool swish effect in Illustrator.

ELGAR swoosh text effect

I know I can convert to outlines, and then modify each path but this required a lot of absolute precision, perhaps this is something that is not a quick win after all?

One could have more luck with the ability to mouse/pen through it at speed and then the text change as so but I doubt this will be this easy. You never know, however. I only just found out about 'copy merged' in Photoshop and that was worthy of a huge celebration :-)

Is there anything I should learn perhaps regarding this text effect? Something I can follow up on? To help me on my way? I am afraid 'Warping through text' and 'text swoosh effect' returns irrelevant results online.

Thanks (:


1 Answer 1


Adobe Illustrator does have a Warp Tool.

Often this is merely to give you an overall guide which you can then refine afterwards. You do have to Create Outlines for any text (Type > Create Outlines).

enter image description here

  • You're wonderful.
    – David
    Feb 12, 2020 at 19:30

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.