enter image description here

Do you remember this effect on MS Paint? I really want to do this on Photoshop but not sure what the hotkey is. Can someone help? :)

  • I don't think there is a "hotkey" for such a thing in Photoshop.
    – Scott
    Feb 25, 2020 at 18:32

1 Answer 1


You can use a Mixer Brush with a hard round tip, 0% Wetness, 100% Load, 100% Flow and 1% Spacing. And changing Spacing will make a distance between samples larger:

enter image description here

This is actually a great way to draw cables, ground details and similar things; as well as introducing some noise to paintings...%)

enter image description here

  • This is such an excellent way to make such an effect! Are there other alternatives to create interesting textures? Feb 28, 2020 at 16:20
  • Well, maybe a Pattern Stamp tool with an Impressionist option turned on and a not too contrast image as a pattern Feb 28, 2020 at 16:47
  • Ah, also a Smudge Tool with Strength set to 100% and no Shape Dynamics Feb 28, 2020 at 16:48

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.