They did an awesome job of blending their website colors to the photos. I'm trying to figure out how to do the same.
You can use Gradient Map to achieve a similar effect. It basically converts your image to grayscale and maps the lightness of the image to a gradient of your choice.
- In the Layers panel, make a Gradient Map adjustment layer.
- In the Properties panel, click the gradient.
- Double-click the leftmost Color Stop, choose the wanted color for the darkest areas and click OK.
- Double-click the rightmost Color Stop, choose the wanted color for the lightest areas and click OK.
- Click OK and you're done!
The image might look a little flat after this treatment since the span from the darkest to the lightest color is less than in an ordinary B/W image. You might need to add some adjustment layers below the Gradient Map layer to increase the contrast of the image before coloring.
The gradient of the Gradient Map can be used for many different things. More color stops can be added and the transition between each of them can be customized. You can find inspiration in the presets.