I need to create dependency graph diagram for non-technical purpose - concept brainstorming. Tree diagram such as mind map doesn't meet my needs. Any software or web app you would recommend? Below are my needs:
- stereotype/node type
- (must have) unique name
- support at least 200 nodes per diagram.
Connection between nodes
- optional label
- (must have) each node may have > 1 incoming and outgoing connections
- for multiple connections out of a given node, they can be grouped by OR or AND (or mixed of both)
- (bonus) for connections grouped by OR, they can be assigned with weightage number.
- (must have) create diagram through GUI rather than scripting (doesn't have to be drag and drop, perhaps dialog is even better than drag and drop for complex diagram).
- (must have) auto-align to improve readability of diagram.
- subgraph can be collapsed/expanded.
(Bonus) A bit greedy for diagramming, able to answer query such as:
- which are the nodes having high number of incoming/outgoing direct connections?
- which are the nodes having high number of upstream/downstream dependencies?
--- updated 2/29
Highlighted must have functionality.