I have created a rectangle of blue color in illustrator and then have make a swirl(yellow) using pen tool by giving it stroke. Now i want to remove the blue part of rectangle down under swirl in easy way.
- Select the yellow path with the Selection Tool (Black arrow)
- Edit > Copy (Command + C)
- Edit > Paste In Front (Command + F)
- Object > Path > Join (Command + J) [ You may need to add an anchor and move a portion of the yellow to fully encompass that area of blue. ]
- Swap the stoke and fill color on the pasted copy so it has a yellow fill and no stroke (Shift + X)
- Select the blue rectangle and this new yellow shape with the Selection Tool (black arrow)
- Pathfinder Panel > Minus Front (top row, second button from the left)
Move blue rectangle backwards (Command + Shift + [)
- Select > Select All (Command + A)
- Grab the Shape Builder tool in the Tool Bar
- Hold Down the Option/Alt key and click the area you want to remove.
- Done! :)