event poster for reference

I have tried torn edges amongst other filters in the photoshop gallery however I can not achieve the inconsistent degraded edges as seen on the poster. Is this manually done?

  • Maybe its scanned? – joojaa Apr 21 '20 at 21:08
  • I think some analogue technique was involved. Like printing and scanning again. It's not as old as the printing technique it tries to fake I think. Still it could be done in Photoshop. What do you need it for? Just to display on screen or is it for print? – Wolff Apr 21 '20 at 22:13
  • Take a look a this: graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/108295/… you can have a similar effect playing with some values. – Rafael Apr 21 '20 at 22:38
  • Print it.. photocopy it.. then photocopy the photocopy... repeat until it looks like you want.. scan that. – Scott Apr 21 '20 at 23:43
  • I presume older scanners would work better to degrade the overall image? – thrift Apr 22 '20 at 13:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.