I'm sort of new to Illustrator, can someone explain how the pointed strokes on the image below are done?

enter image description here

  • Not much to go on here.. ermm.. remove the stroke profile maybe?
    – Scott
    May 11, 2020 at 16:44
  • @Royale Designs Does the circled area contain something that you want to replicate or does it contain something unwanted that you want to get rid of? Flatten can be both of them. The gradual thinning can be inserted to a stroke with the Width tool.
    – user82991
    May 11, 2020 at 18:21
  • @user287001 yes I want to replicate that May 11, 2020 at 19:29
  • Then try the Width tool to a stroke.
    – user82991
    May 11, 2020 at 19:31
  • @user287001 Ok thanks it worked! Thanks again! May 11, 2020 at 20:30

1 Answer 1


You can use the Width Tool or the Profile option on the Stroke Panel to make strokes taper at the ends.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.