Okay, I'm designing a logo for an NGO whose tagline talks about education, science and beginning of all its relevant services. I'm using a few objects (in multiple options, different combinations, not all in one) to create the design and in some options mixing those options with the initials of the original brand name of NGO.
Here are these:
1) Search/find icon (that we see in almost all search boxes on web on right side). I'm using it manually to relate with science, because in real world it is called magnifying glass in Physics
2) Space Rocket (to represent science)
3) Pencil (to represent education)
4) 2-3 horizontal lines (to represent paragraph and education)
5) A resume icon (a triangle we see in music applications that we click to resume/start music). Using it to show that it's beginning of the services
6) A settings icon (gear icon) to represent technology
7) A bulb to represent science and technology
Now, (1) do these relations I'm thinking to relate with brand name, actually relate or is it just me thinking like this? In simpler words, can these objects be used to represent the mentioned functions/services/fields (I don't know what to say it exactly in English).
If yes, (2) can non design people also relate it this way? Or not at all?