it doesn't have much to do with UI / UX, but I wanted to get feedback from a "brand" that I have.
- the name was inspired (basically copied) from the website hackernoon, a "medium" website about web development and things like that. The name is "geeknoon"
- the initial objective was a course platform that I was developing, but as I have no recognition in the community, I intend to use the brand as a blog and a channel on youtube
- Yes, there are many good sites and tutorials out there, but in English, and I'm Brazilian and the focus is on the Brazilian public, where very few people know English, so they don't have access to many resources
I wanted the criticism for:
- the name "geeknoon" (domain geeknoon.com)
- the mascot "pengucat" (pinguin inspired by Linux Tux + cat ears), say it is "cute" others say they don't show professionalism or any corporate brand
- the channel intro / vignette
- the chosen font (https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Baloo+Thambi+2)
Some brand media: