Suppose I have a two perspective system but I want to draw an object that's not aligned with the two perspectives. Like, maybe it's rotated somehow... something like this:

(sorry for the terrible drawing, I just got myself a drawing pad, still getting used to it)

So my question is, how do I create variety in my drawing? I can't have all objects be exactly aligned, perpendicular to each other right?

enter image description here

  • 1
    If you know the angle difference then you can construct a different set of wanishinpoints
    – joojaa
    Jun 8, 2020 at 19:43
  • ok thanks. how is that called? should be fairly commonly used because in drawing things are not all parallel and perpendicular to each other. Jun 8, 2020 at 19:46
  • 1
    It reallt depends on wether you only use a protractor and ruler. If on a computer it may just be easier to do a perpective divide on a matrix transform.
    – joojaa
    Jun 8, 2020 at 19:54
  • No. Suppose I only use a protractor and a ruler Jun 8, 2020 at 19:59
  • 1
    The simplest solution is to ignore any "two point perspective" approach and simply draw what you want. Artists, for centuries, drew perspective without any grid or system. And much of the paintings from The Masters, while containing visual perspective, will fail miserably if you try and apply some grid system to them.
    – Scott
    Jun 8, 2020 at 21:02

1 Answer 1


Each object has its own perspective. Simply draw two more vanishing points consistent with your drawing.

Every line has its own perspective. Every square face (parallelogram) has its own perspective.

It is just that normally a series of objects share the same vanishing points, some city blocks, a table with the wall, etc. But you can simply rotate a chair to offset the vanishing point.

Take a look at some other questions: At what point does 1 point perspective become 2 point perspective?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.