I need some photoshop brushes, and I swear I've seen the name of this style before - http://www.guildwars2.com/en/

I absolutely love that grungey/painted style, but no matter what I'm searching in my usual spots for photoshop brushes similar to this, I just can't find what to call it. I know they use the "flourish" technique for a lot of the visual effects. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

  • I totally have The Thief wallpaper on my computer right now. I love the art style as well! Would love to know any names :]
    – Hanna
    Mar 22, 2011 at 6:47

1 Answer 1


I believe the style is called "Ink" or "Ink Brush." It's become quite popular in recent years. I remember seeing it in Street Fighter 4 a while back and it was nicely done.

To achieve it, you can use any of the water color photoshop brushes. Here are some links:




  • ehm I mean resources of Brushes... i got confused :D
    – Littlemad
    Mar 22, 2011 at 16:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.