I came across the following design on Google:

enter image description here

I'd like to replicate it as accurately as I can (using different colors) in Photoshop/Illustrator. How would I go about doing this?

It looks like they not only have different layers of colors, but each layer also has its own gradient. And then it also looks like they may be apply a slight shadow between each layer?

  • 4
    What have you tried? – Scott Sep 16 at 19:52
  • 1
    I do not think there is a shadow between each layer, just a gradient fill. – AndrewH Sep 16 at 19:53
  • 1
    Hi there and welcome to GDSE! If you know how to draw with the pen tool and apply gradients in Illustrator, that's basically it. No special trick to it. – Wolff Sep 16 at 19:57
  • @Scott I've made a gradient layer for each "wave", but I don't know how to smoothly cut between the layers to form these waves – dfg1sdf8g1 Sep 16 at 19:57
  • @dfg1sdf8g1 what does "cut between the layers" mean? These are shapes layered on-top of eachother. Each wave is a unique object. Keith has an answer below that demonstrates this. The blue gradient is below the light teal wave in the layers panel. – AndrewH Sep 16 at 20:13

Pretty similar methods for illustrator and photoshop:

Select the pen tool (P) and make your shapes. If you are unfamiliar with how this tool works, check youtube to see it in action, that's the best way.

Give them a gradient fill. You can change the gradient colors and rotation to what you'd like. Here's a screenshot from photoshop. Notice I have the pen tool mode set to shape in the top left.

gradient waves

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.