I would like to achieve the following texture on text:

text on t shirt with distortion

And this type of distortion on layers (they seem like similar types of distortion):

image on t shirt that is distorted

How is this effect created? Is it with a certain displacement map or are there any photoshop/illustrator effects that enable this effect?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,