What should I call this goo effect?


enter image description here

2 Answers 2


This is commonly called a "gooey" or "metaball" effect. How to create it depends on the tool that you are using.


Reminds me of a lava lamp. So, maybe lava lamp?

  • 1
    Hi Pete, welcome to GDSE and thanks for your answer. If you haven't done so already, I suggest taking the Tour to get to know how the site functions. Googling lava lamp effect definitely brings up similar visuals.
    – PieBie
    Dec 26, 2020 at 13:52

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.