I was sent a document. That looks something like this:

enter image description here

That orange circle is an adjustment layer

enter image description here

I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to move and scale an adjustment layer.

The document has more radial gradient adjustment layers. All different sizes and in different places:

enter image description here

So my question is, how the hell is this done? How do you move and position the gradient adjustment? I've searched the adobe forums and I'm either searching for the wrong term 'position adjustment layers' or there's some voodoo going on.

1 Answer 1


Those are not "adjustment layers".

Those are Gradient Fill Layers.
Layer > New Fill Layer > Gradient

Double click the layer thumbnail and you can adjust the gradient.

enter image description here

  • OMFG! You can just drag them. I was trying to move them without the dialog box open. puts face in palm
    – NiceShoes
    Oct 29, 2020 at 18:37
  • 😀 Been there. You can also just drag Layer Styles with that dialog open too.. and pattern layers.. actually I always try dragging to see if it works. It will in many areas.
    – Scott
    Oct 29, 2020 at 18:38

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.