It's a graphic element used in magazines and newspapers at the end of an article, to let the reader know the text ends in that page. It can be the magazine logo, or a variant of it, or just an abstract shape.

end of an article text

2 Answers 2


I think it is simply called an end mark: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_mark


As the tombstone character ∎ has been used in this capacity very regularly, I have seen these end marks referred to by that name.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.