Anyone know how to make a gradient like attached with the underlying photo standing out with white highlights? The soldier image is the sample I am trying to replicate with the guy in the suit with computer.

enter image description here enter image description here

  • What have you tried? Where is it failing?
    – Scott
    Jan 10 '21 at 22:30
  • I've tried making the source image black and white, adjusting contrast, and placing a multiply gradient fill layer over it.
    – JM2222
    Jan 10 '21 at 22:33
  • Place a "screen" photo on top of the gradient possibly
    – Scott
    Jan 10 '21 at 22:38
  • Sorry, I'm not that skilled at photoshop. What is a "screen" photo?
    – JM2222
    Jan 10 '21 at 22:39
  • I've added an answer. I assumed since you seem to know what "multiply" is, you'd also know what "screen" is.
    – Scott
    Jan 10 '21 at 22:41

Simply place a photo on top of a gradient layer and set the photo bending mode to Screen.

enter image description here

  • Brilliant! Thank you!
    – JM2222
    Jan 10 '21 at 22:44

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.