I've been trying to create a rectangle where the corners have been removed in a "sharp" way, for lack of a better word.

We're already able to do something similar to what I want by using the "Radius" sliders, or simply creating a round rectangle.

enter image description here

The key difference here is that the corners are simply rounded off while I'm looking for a "hard cut" so to say.

  • Which one? i.sstatic.net/JEaB5.jpg
    – Joonas
    Commented Jan 21, 2021 at 10:53
  • Didn't know it had a specific term attached to it! Bevel-style is what I'm looking for.
    – yisuf
    Commented Jan 21, 2021 at 10:56
  • It's easier to do this automatically in Illustrator. It's called a chamfer, and can be applied using Illustrator's Live Corner functionality. Why are you using Photoshop for this?
    – Billy Kerr
    Commented Jan 21, 2021 at 11:40

1 Answer 1


I'm not super up to date with recent PS versions, but I'm pretty sure there still isn't an option to change the corner type of a shape.

You could do it manually with the Convert Point tool. Basically make a rectangle shape with rounded corners and then click every anchor point once.

enter image description here

You could also use this script Corner Editor.jsx.

The script calls it a chamfer.

enter image description here

...and you could also add a stroke with the same color and select the chamfered corner and align the stroke outside.

You can also find these options in the Window > Properties panel.

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.