I'm trying to add a grouped pair of rectangles to many different radially ordered lines. Each line has a slightly different angle. I'm trying to have the center of the gray rectangle vertically aligned and matching the angle of the line. Is there a way to do this without painstakingly trying to match the black line's angle with the grouped rectangles by eye? I'm doing this for 728 lines arranged in a circle for a scientific figure.
- Create a circle that is in the middle of your chart
- Make sure 1 set of the 2 rectangles is on the X axis
- Press "R" to select the Rotate Tool, with both the 2 rectangles and the rotate tool selected, hold the "Alt" key and left click the center of the circle you created. You will rotate around that pivot point.
- A popup will open, put 360/728 in the angle box.
- Click on the "Copy" button, press CTRL (Windows) / CMD (Mac) + D to repeat the last transform action.