I have a two part question defined as A and B. The purpose is to get (A) feedback on strength of company logo (name, colors, font and size). In addition, (B) feedback on the treatment of product names added to the company logo. For example, "XYZ Company" (company name) "Widgets" (product), making "XYZ Company Widgets".
(A) I created a name that means something to me and hopefully is creative. Here are background details of my company name - beeJACK
My nickname is "bee", and my dad's "Jack." My father recently passed and it has been very difficult for me. He is someone who always kept rooting me on, believed in me when no other family members would. Therefore, I wanted his name to be all in caps - JACK
The bee icon:
- Reflects my nickname and, the body and wing create a "B"
- The symbol of a bee signifies in Christianity activity, work, diligence and good order.
- As a spiritual animal, when a bee appears in your life, the most common message it carries has to do with your levels of productivity. [NOTE: by nature I am energetic, cannot sit still, always striving to do better]
- The bee spirit has a strong work ethic.
- Technically speaking, a bee shouldn't be able to fly--it's designed wrong for aerodynamics. From a spiritual perspective, this speaks to our limitations and how to move past them successfully.
I didn't want the bee image to be portrayed as soft and fuzzy. I want it creative, edgy and possessing confidence, attitude, steadiness, boldness, it knows what it wants, no fear, it has direction and things that get in its way will be stung (the long trailing stinger)
The colors represented are my favorite color - green and my father's - purple
- the eye, antenna and back wing are black
- the bee's head, other wing, body outline and stinger (which is a gradation) are purple
- the stripes on the bee body are green
- The font is Malgun Gothic bold. I want the name to be clear and not fluffy, squiggly. The font and icon together are cohesive
(B) [NOTE: see comment in initial first paragraph above] My first product is a pocket "flaps" that is temporarily affixed to the top edge of an apparel pocket which does not have a flap (e.g. jeans back pocket, shorts back pocket, leggings, shirts, jackets).
- Logo will then become, "beeJACK flaps"
- "bee" will be the same color as the bee icon purple
- "JACK" will be all caps, black
- treatment of product will be in same font, however green to match the stripes on the bee body
Your feedback, opinions and comments I will seriously take into consideration.