0

I am having an issue with the unite tool of the pathfinder. It had been working flawlessly until now but suddenly some paths disappear after using it.

[Edit] : Merging produces the same result.

[Edit] : Expanding first, then uniting produces the same result.

Here is a short clip showing the problem

I've tried googling but while some people had a similar issue none of the solutions worked for me thus far.

Am I doing something wrong, or perhaps it is a known issue, or am I using the unite tool for the wrong job?

Current Solution : Manually moving the paths into the folder.

9
  • Tried expanding first?
    – Scott
    May 22 at 9:01
  • Unfortunately expanding first gives the same result. May 22 at 12:40
  • I'm afraid without direct file examination, this may be tough to answer. You may have a compound path somewhere that is being used as the top object during the Unite function.
    – Scott
    May 23 at 20:59
  • I have resigned myself to doing it manually and it does not really impact my workflow. I have a feeling the problem occurs after a certain number of paths is exceeded because when I started using a new color everything worked fine. Here is the file if you would like to take a look at it : drive.google.com/file/d/1wz25aavhasfgU7egkQzANgV3fd5_vce5/… May 23 at 21:25
  • File is a mess of open paths with fills -- that is most likely the entire issue. I was going to close them to prove this, but I don't have the time to clean up the file. You need to close all paths for Pathfinder Unite to function correctly. It's always a bad idea to have open paths with a fill applied to them.
    – Scott
    May 23 at 21:38

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.