I really cant explain but theres a 2000s digital camcorder vibe in the photo and ive been trying to figure out how to be able to imitate it maybe at least in photoshop? wouldnt wanna buy a camcorder :(

  • It's not a very appropriate image for the site, I feel.
    – Vikas
    Jun 27, 2021 at 6:32
  • 1
    Please find a more appropriate picture and let us know what you've tried.
    – curious
    Jun 27, 2021 at 7:15

1 Answer 1


I wouldn't call that a camcorder effect. It's basically a photo which has had the shadows boosted, and the colours are a bit washed out.

The results and adjustments you could make would very much depend on the original photo, which we can't see.

Anyway, you can do stuff like this in Photoshop using Adobe Camera RAW filter on a Smart Object, and make adjustments to the colour temperature, pull up the shadows, and perhaps lower the vibrance, etc.


enter image description here

  • What's camcorder effect if I may ask?
    – Vikas
    Jun 27, 2021 at 11:52
  • @Vikas - not sure if you have access to the removed photo, but it's what the OP is calling a camcorder effect. I don't think it looks anything like a camcorder IMHO. A camcorder was a kind of video camera you could put a VHS tape in.
    – Billy Kerr
    Jun 27, 2021 at 11:59
  • I saw the original image. I mean I wanted to know how actually this camcorder effect looks like. anyway thanks
    – Vikas
    Jun 27, 2021 at 12:01
  • 1
    @Vikas find someone with some old VHS home videos, and watch them. IMHO most good camcorders were fine and didn't do anything weird like this. They were generally just low resolution, nothing like HD video of today. That's the only real difference.
    – Billy Kerr
    Jun 27, 2021 at 12:04
  • 1
    @vikas some VHS camcorder footage here: youtube.com/watch?v=QBOY2Lv9EQM
    – Billy Kerr
    Jun 27, 2021 at 12:20

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.