Good day all,

Using Freecad (on Ubuntu), I am searching for the tool to move graphically objects . The tool is made of three arrows and three balls of color green blue and red.

I just cannot find any info to access it.

1 Answer 1


The tool you seek is called the transform feature. According to a video on the YouTube, it is a new feature from version 0.17 and was not available for version 0.16.

It is activated by double-clicking on the object you wish to manipulate. The video indicates that you must be in the Part workbench but I do not know if that is an exclusive requirement.

I found this video and other resources by using "move tool Freecad" in my preferred search engine. The results included transform along with move. Move in Freecad is a different process with other features, but the search results provided the clue to the term transform. Transform is a common term in many modeling programs for this type of manipulation.

transform tool image

Above image from Freecad User Book site.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.