I have seen this kind of Numbers in some publications, It looks betters in the text of body, but I don't know the name or how to get them.

I am not talking about a specific font family but rather the number style.



  • 2
    I think these are called text figures.
    – pbasdf
    Oct 14, 2021 at 19:19
  • 1
    There are various names - see article here
    – Billy Kerr
    Oct 14, 2021 at 19:21
  • 1
    Not English but in French they are called elzévirs.
    – curious
    Oct 14, 2021 at 21:32
  • 2
    I would call them oldstyle figures. You need to find a font that contains them and then enable them in your layout application in the OpenType settings of your text. Which program do you use?
    – Wolff
    Oct 15, 2021 at 10:36
  • @Wolff: I am on Linux, I use Gimp.
    – user149843
    Oct 15, 2021 at 13:27

1 Answer 1


These numbers are called Text Figures or Oldstyle Figures.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy