apologies for the sloppy title, I hope the body will make sense.
I'm creating a flowchart in illustrator because that's where I feel more comfortable as opposed to stand-alone data visualization apps.
Here we go:
- I have created a LOT of area type boxes and other shapes with text in them
- the text was 10pt (I think it's reasonable)
- I created inset spacing of 12.5 and manually resized the shapes to fit the text and stay consistent
- these shapes have a stroke(2px), round corners (2px) and a fill
THE PROBLEM IS
I have so many of these shapes that I ran out of vertical space.. working in a default size canvas
- copying the content to a large canvas document.. it changed the inset spacing to 125. I can upscale everything by *10 it will work but I run out of space again NOT GOOD.
- downscaling the content I have on my main document. but it won't downscale the inset spacing and the text of course disappears NOT GOOD.
I could probably cut the chart in pieces and put it together in photoshop or something.. but that's not elegant
I also don't have a problem working with Large canvas format
Help is appreciated.. Thank you for your time