What is the recommended way to remove the "3" and circle it contains on this logo? The magic eraser/wand I didn't seem to fix it with. Any pros willing to assist?
This image is in very low resolution. I would almost call it pixel art. Editing logos like this isn't really the correct way. Normally you would have a vector file where you could just delete the unwanted objects and export a new PNG.
This said, it's pretty simple in Photoshop. Many ways to do it. This is a pretty hands on way which is only possible because of the pixelated and simple nature of the image.
- Optionally uncheck View > Show > Smart Guides so they don't interfere.
- Select the Rectangular Marquee Tool and make a selection which covers the unwanted part.
- Press D to reset to Default Foreground and Background Colors (in case they aren't already).
- Press Alt + backspace to fill the selection with black.
- Select the Polygonal Lasso Tool and make a selection which covers a part of the figure you can use to paint in the missing part.
- Select the Move Tool, hold down Alt and drag duplicates of the selected area to repair the missing part. Make sure to exactly follow the existing lines. Simple in this case, because they are all 45 degrees.