Is there a name for this kind of font that you used to find on cable bulletin boards?

1980s cable tv bulletin board

If I wanted to imitate this on a website, which font would you recommend?

  • 5
    It looks like a screenshot from one of those TV teletext services that were common in the 80's and 90's. I suspect if you google "teletext font" you'll find something.
    – Billy Kerr
    Nov 27, 2021 at 19:01
  • Thanks that actually got me the right font name! Nov 27, 2021 at 20:25

1 Answer 1


You could try the Camcorder typeface from Badmeangood. It's a very complete type family by a designer who really loves the CRT aesthetic.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.