I want to create svg image with line going through circle, cropped to the circle.
- created a circle
- turned it into a path
- removed stroke from it, set black fill
- centered in on the page (vertical and horizontal)
- copied this circle
- centered copy on the page
- set gray fill for the copy
- created path representing line across circle
- selected line and circle
- set red color on line, removed stroke
- used path -> intersection
- changed colour of created object
But the intersection is not accurate! Created path is not really reaching the circle edge!
Is it normal? Is it some bug? Running already in limitation of floating points? But I can improve it manually.
How can I get exact intersection of paths?
My input file is at https://gist.github.com/matkoniecz/d9d5570b92458657f157afa627a8bccf
I am aware of clipping but it is not always supported. For example in Lubuntu thumbnails (reported as bug at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-artwork/+bug/1952627 ).