rI've often seen images that look like the following example enter image description here

Q1) is there a term for such an image?

Q2) What common software is used to convert a real photo (e.g. human face) to be composed of such shapes? (or even an online service)


2 Answers 2


it's typically called Low Poly Art.

There are a number of automated online tools, as well as countless tutorials to create such a thing. What you use all depends on the tools you have available and the desired overall outcome.

Simply click the link in this answer above and start searching for something that suits your needs.


I found this tutorial for creating an "origami style" image, but you have to draw it yourself in Adobe Illustrator.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.