Is there a way to link a smart object to a specific single layer of the linked file?
What I want to do is this:
- have the same smart object multiplied
- each copy of the smart object to be linked to a specific layer in the linked file
- dump the images in the linked file
- adjust setting for each smart object (lighting, shadows, reflections, etc)
- and have photoshop save all smart onjects (which are nested in groups, named accordingly) through Export -> Image Assets
I have many mockups and hundreds of images organized in collections.
I want to:
- create a smart object with a "collection" (a set of approx 20 images) that needs to be inserted in the mockup
- use the mockup as a background image
- create a group around the smart object plus additional layers for settings
- make the group show only the first layer of the smart object
- duplicate the group and "relink it" to the second layer of the same smart object etc
- adjust settings for each group
- export as image assets.
Until now I:
- made the mockup
- load the set of images into the SO and scaled, moved, applied a ICC profile to the Smart Object, etc
- made visible a layer with an image from the SO
- switch to the mockup tab
- adjust settings
- export image (mockup + SO overlay)
I don't use a script to automatically cycle through the SO layers because I need to adjust the setting for each image of the collection.
A link to the site that uses the mockups and collections enter link description here.