Just wondering if there is an illustrator cc equivalent of the gap tool in InDesign? I find myself constantly tweaking the gaps between objects and its a bit fiddly. My method is usually to duplicate and command+D to create more copies the same spacing but it would be good to have a tool I can drag spacing in and out to see by eye if it works.

  • There's nothing equivalent in Illustrator
    – Billy Kerr
    Feb 3, 2022 at 11:25
  • "Distribute spacing" in the "Align" palette might help with this.
    – giardia
    Feb 4, 2022 at 5:51

1 Answer 1


Use Figma. Figma is capable of many things that you may need in Illustrator and also have the gap tool feature.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.