been using ID professionally for years and know most of the ins and outs. I have one situation though that pops up sporadically: that one ID File will just bog down and react so slowly. There has to be something in the file which is causing it to mud down - all other files of similar size and content work fine, so it's not a computer problem. But I can't for the life of me figure out what element(s) in the file are causing it. Worst case is I go through the file removing elements until the problem is gone, but that'll take longer than I have time for. (It's not a big file, only 20 pages, but still).
So I'm wondering if anyone has any things in mind that could be prime suspects.
I have tried:
- Display performance is of course set to Typical Display
- Saving as IDML to clear out the rubbish.
- All images (Bitmap and Vector) are placed, not embedded.
- Removed all Paragraph and Character Styles.
- No overly complex Vector Graphics (well maybe one that is a little bit, but only on one page (perhaps I'll remove that and see)).
- Hardly any effects - just a couple of transparencies/shadows.
- Only one embedded PSD has Smart Objects in it - I've had problems once or twice with such PSDs, but this one doesn't seem to be affecting anything
Anyone else have something they've noticed which will cause an ID file to slow down so badly?