I am about to order custom playing cards from a manufacturer. The directions are:
FRONTS AND BACKS (ONE SINGLE MULTIPAGE PDF FILE IN SEQUENCE FRONT/BACK FRONT/BACK)
- Convert text to outline
- Remove template lines before saving
- Keep the provided file dimensions
- Use 300 dpi as native resolution
- Apply FOGRA 39 color profile
- Avoid cropping marks and color reference bars
I have 56 cards and Illustrator CS5.1 has a limit of 100 artboards, so I have to split in multiple files for design and assemble the files back for upload.
When I append two PDFs in Preview, two files of 2 MB become one file of 180 MB. I'm not sure it respects the color profile and the symbols either.
How can I append two PDF files generated with Adobe Illustrator for upload to a manufacturer?
When I save from AI to PDF, I uncheck the ability to preserve Illustrator editing capabilities.