I'd like to arrange a few images like the following arrangement: Stacked images

Could someone guide me on how to do this in Photoshop?

I am not sure whether it's related to perspective but I am not trying to achieve the look as in this thread i.e. the left side is shorter than the right side (and vice versa).


What you can use instead of Perspective is some skew on the right side (pardon my image, if you do it more carefully you will get a better result!):

enter image description here

What you do is paste your image in a new layer, go to Edit > Transform > Skew, grab the right side (not the top or bottom points, the middle of the whole side) and move it down a little.

Then, make the image narrower by using Edit > Transform > Free Transform (since it's in perspective, it's supposed to lose some width), or compress it like it's shown in this question's first answer (I didn't do that in my image, sorry!).

Finally, bring the layer to 75% opacity or so and repeat the process for other images.

| improve this answer | |
  • +1 on this solution. Make sure you take note of the values on the skew (in the options bar at the top of your screen), so you can repeat the process for all images and make them match perfectly. – Marc Edwards Feb 5 '13 at 11:36
  • 1
    Make an Action to apply the Free Transform/Skew Transform to your layers, this way you won't have to worry about typing in the values for each layer your transforming. Cheers! – Kevin Bomberry Feb 5 '13 at 23:13

Another way to solve this problem, and if you have Photoshop CS 6 Extended is to use the 3D features. I've provided ways to do this in the following a discussions: "Fake" 3d effect in Photoshop/Illustrator with raster images

This process is non-destructive and you will retain all of the resolution of the original image(s). Also, you can change your Camera to Isometric and then and you'll avoid any perspective issues.

I hope this helps. Cheers and good luck.

| improve this answer | |

Also, if you make the layer a smart object and skew that, then you can edit the contents of the object once you have skewed it.

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    This is more of a comment, so you should post it as such. – Olle Sjögren Feb 6 '13 at 0:37

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.