I have this tree shape artwork and i want to trim hole (which are spotted with black color). I tried with all the trim options, Did not work. How can i trim. Any other way or option
Assuming the circles are on top of everything else...
- Select all the circles
Object > Compound Path > Makefrom the menu. This forces Illustrator to see the circles as one, singular object, rather than a collection of objects.
- Change the Fill of the circles to be either 100C100M100Y100K or 0R0G0B, depending upon the color mode you are working in. (Yes, 100% of all inks in CMYK - it's for a mask not printed objects.)
- Select all the artwork (trees and circles)
- On the Transparency Panel (
Window > Transparency) click the
- Untick the
Clipbutton on the Transparency Panel
This will give you an Opacity Mask which will "punch" out the holes in the underlying artwork.
More on opacity masks...
- Opacity Mask With Multiple Images (Illustrator CS5)
- Using the Opacity Mask on Illustrator
- Why doesn't my opacity mask fully hide my object?
- Illustrator: Opacity Mask is not moving/resizing along with object it masks, if the masked object is a Mesh object
- How to create a gradient opacity mask in Illustrator
- Feather Clipping Mask in Adobe Illustrator
- illustrator cs6 when exporting to PDF and print - the black area of masks shown in a low opacity also in PDF preview