What's the name for this style of lettering? It makes me think of Victorian, but I wonder if there's a name for this particular style?

Also, can anyone help me find this font?

enter image description here

3 Answers 3


Victorian, sure, but I thought it would sub-set a little further than that, I went with 2 searches - wild west & circus.

I found this under circus…

enter image description here

Romantiques - https://www.1001fonts.com/romantiques-font.html
It looks to be all-caps, no lower case.


Ornate or Decorative are common descriptors.

There's no universally used name for such characters.


Decorated would be OK. Types like this are often used in multicolor layered printing and lettering, so searching "chromatic" would also find you types in the same style.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.