I came across the reeded glass displacement system on YouWorkForThem. However, the displacement system is made for Photoshop (which I don't have), and I wanna create a similar effect using GIMP.

Reeded glass effect on YouWorkForThem

Can anyone show me how can I do this?


1 Answer 1


GIMP's displacement map filter is located under Filters > Map > Displace

To use it you need to create a displacement map image first. I just used the gradient tool here, and duplicated the layers and moved them repeatedly, then merged the layers.

enter image description here

Here's an example using the displacement filter with the banded image (above) as the input. It's fun to play with. Engage the preview and you can see the image update as you move the sliders.

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.