I have close to zero experience in graphic design, but what is it called when I want to overlay an image at an angle?

I want to replace his screen - but his screen isn't flat. What is it called when I want to distort an image to fit the screen?


  • I don't think there is a specific name for anything based upon its distortion. What makes you think there is?
    – Scott
    Jul 23, 2022 at 4:26
  • @Scott Look man, I'm just trying to find the correct keywords to put into Google for a tutorial.
    – AlanSTACK
    Jul 23, 2022 at 4:43
  • Okay. but why isn't "overlay an image at an angle" sufficient? :) As I posted, I don't think there's any specific name.
    – Scott
    Jul 23, 2022 at 4:56
  • 2
    The magick word your looking for is "perspective matching" or if you work in animation/video industry "corner pin"
    – joojaa
    Jul 23, 2022 at 7:22
  • 2
    Perhaps you can use this answer.
    – Wolff
    Jul 23, 2022 at 9:26

1 Answer 1


There is so much Youtube content that you can literally search without a specific term, just punch in what you need to achieve, like:

Yes, most of the times the screens will be "at an angle".

  • 1
    Alright thanks, "perspective and distortion" were the keywords that I wasn't aware of.
    – AlanSTACK
    Jul 23, 2022 at 14:08

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.