I've seen them on websites such as Tailwind CSS and Braydon Coyer.

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

What is the correct name for these background lights/rays?

  • 1
    Hi. Welcome to GDSE. There is no "correct" name. Not everything has a specific term in graphic design. You can just use descriptive language such as light rays, sunbeams, light beam gradients,, etc, etc. In meteorology they're referred to as crepuscular rays, but call them what you want. Graphic designers aren't meteorologists.
    – Billy Kerr
    Jan 21 at 11:14
  • Anyway, why do you need the name for this? Are you trying to look up tutorials? You can ask how to achieve something like this here on GDSE.
    – Billy Kerr
    Jan 21 at 14:54
  • "blurred gradient background light/ray" seems like an apt name to me Jan 21 at 15:04


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy