I want to create a blurred gradient background effect similar to the designs below. How can I do this using Inkscape or Photoshop/Illustrator?

enter image description here

  • 1
    Use the gradient tool. These appear to be simple radial gradients. This is possible in nearly any graphic design software such as, Illustrator, Inkscape, Affinity Design, Photoshop, or GIMP.
    – Billy Kerr
    Commented Feb 11, 2023 at 15:56

1 Answer 1


Could be a simple gradient in Illustrator. If one wishes more control, then a Gradient Mesh may help.

enter image description here

For Photoshop one just uses the Gradient Tool with subtle foreground/background colors and click-drags.

enter image description here

The key is to use subtle color changes. In these images the difference between the dark (black) and the color is minute, merely reducing the amount of black (or increasing saturation) so more of the color shows.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.