I am trying to achieve a text effect like this using Photoshop:

enter image description here

See how it has borders that can reflect light:

  1. How do you do those edges?
  2. How do I make the edges reflect light as per the top right of the letter o and bottom left of the letter t?


1 Answer 1


Nothing's really being "reflected."

I could be mistaken, but it appears to be a simple gradient stroke to me...

enter image description here

  • If you want to upload this somewhere and I'll sponsor your paypal, thanks heaps! Commented Nov 3, 2023 at 13:57
  • Upload it? I didn't save the file. It only takes a minute or two to create. All the information you need is in the screenshot above. And, thanks, but I don't help here to make money.
    – Scott
    Commented Nov 3, 2023 at 18:04
  • Also note, there is no "bevel & emboss* in my image, just the stroke, then tight inner and outer glows to add a little more contrast.
    – Scott
    Commented Nov 4, 2023 at 5:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.