Can anybody tell what is the name of this font?

Sample image

I checked in WhatTheFont but it didn't show any results.

  • Seems like handmade letters. Could you post the link, where you found it?
    – Afterlame
    Apr 8, 2013 at 17:08
  • sorry afterlame i have no link
    – Sumann
    Apr 8, 2013 at 17:29
  • Do you only have a W and F? Any other letters? Apr 8, 2013 at 18:00
  • 1
    You can also ask at typophile.com/typeid . Normally you get answers pretty quickly. Don't forget to also post the answer here if you get it answered in the typophile forum!
    – leugim
    Apr 8, 2013 at 18:43
  • thanx leguim . i will surely do that
    – Sumann
    Apr 9, 2013 at 3:35

3 Answers 3


The closest match I could find so far is P22 Constructivist Line, which has an almost identical W, although the F is different:

P22 Constructivist Line

A few other Art Deco stencil fonts with a similar W that I found are:

Ritz Stencil JNL:

Ritz Stencil JNL

FP Palina:

FP Palina

Waddem Choo NF:

Waddem Choo NF

Perhaps the best known typeface in this style is Futura Black, whose W is similar, but lacks the sharp bottom corners:

Futura Black

I haven't managed to find anything with that triangular F yet, though.

  • The W is spot on but the F is completely different, weird.
    – user9447
    Apr 24, 2013 at 15:38
  • 1
    The F in the question was previously used by F-Prot as their logo. I reckon the font is drawn, especially if the only letters are W and F. Apr 24, 2013 at 17:53
  • @AndrewLeach: If you mean this logo (which was, apparently, actually used by F-Secure for several years after the two product lines split), I actually had the exact same initial reaction, but on closer inspection they're really not that similar -- except, that is, for the obvious matter of being a letter F drawn in the shape of a triangle. Apr 24, 2013 at 18:46
  • 1
    Nice find! That's some funky type :D
    – Brendan
    Apr 25, 2013 at 18:24

I was trying to identify a typeface several months ago and although WhatTheFont didn't automatically identify it, the WhatTheFont Forum quickly found the answer for me, so definitely try their forum as well.


that type of font is considered a "techno font". try searching a few font sites that offer techno fonts and some allow you to preview the font so enter "W" and "F"

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.