I'm trying to identify a typeface from an 1800s book. It has a strange shape to the uppercase N (and also to the A) with a ball serif where I wouldn't have expected one. Does anyone know a font similar to this?

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


I believe the "ball serfis" are more commonly referred to as "ball terminals".

Cosmiqua Bold Italic:

Cosmiqua Com Bold Italic

Not sure what typeface it's based off of since this was designed in 2007, but it comes pretty darn close.

Another similar one I found:

LTC Law Italic

LTC Law Italic

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.