This question already has an answer here:

I would like to do something that seems simple, but I can't find anything on the web. Does anyone know of a way to take a font and generate a spline that follows the center of the font's stroke? I have the Adobe creative suite.

marked as duplicate by Scott, JohnB Jun 17 '13 at 9:43

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.