I have a gradient, somewhat glossy one which I cannot just repeat. There is some text on it. Is there any tool in PS to remove this text?

2 Answers 2


If the text is not on a layer by itself, then no you can't automatically remove the text.

However, you can probably copy portions of the gradient and cover the text.

  • Pity, that there is no instrument for this... Copy solution is obvious answer, but I cannot use it cause gradient is somewhat complicated Jun 20, 2013 at 12:24
  • How is a gradient complicated? Can you post an image for us to see?
    – user9427
    Jun 20, 2013 at 22:11

Try the Smart Delete tool. (aka Content-Aware Fill)

It's not perfect, but it at least tries to stitch together the borders and give you a starting point for repair work.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.