I am not so familiar with Photoshop and would like to ask for help with something that is probably quite easy for many people, I have tried searching around without any exact help to what I want.

What I want to create is the following (without the text and no yellow background color)

enter image description here

If anyone know how to do it or to tell me any link to a web tutorial that would be much appreciated

2 Answers 2


First you will need to create a rounded rectangle (U). Use this for reference: http://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/shapes/photoshop-shape-essentials/

Then, you will transform the rounded rectangle (ctrl + t). Use this for reference: http://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/free-transform/

Next, you can apply a gradient to the rounded rectangle (right click the shape layer in the layers panel and click blending options). Use this for reference: http://psd.tutsplus.com/articles/tools/gradient-overlay-layer-styles/

Last, create a new layer (ctrl + shift + N) and you can use the text tool to create the text you desire. Reference: http://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/type/photoshop-type-essentials/


Just the red shape?

Right click "rectangle tool" and choose "Rounded rectangle tool". You can then adjust the "roundness" by selecting a radius value.

(Short tutorial: http://www.mediacollege.com/adobe/photoshop/shapes/rounded-corners.html)

If you want the "tilt" you can use Edit -> Transform -> Perspective

  • I got the rounded corner rectable but i cant see any transform menu in the edit menu Commented Jul 24, 2013 at 13:17
  • Found what i was looking for, it was called "Free Transform Path" in Edit menu, thank you for the help! Commented Jul 24, 2013 at 13:18
  • Or wait, if you look at the provided link image its not really the same using the transform as it only rotates the image? Commented Jul 24, 2013 at 13:20
  • Perspective gives the desired effect.. I thought it was under "Edit -> transform -> perspective".. I'm trying to find out where it is ^^
    – Litari
    Commented Jul 24, 2013 at 13:21
  • webdoubts.com/software/photoshop-perspective-transform.gif You dont have that?
    – Litari
    Commented Jul 24, 2013 at 13:22

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.