I've been trying to figure out the name of this portfolio style. Is it as simple as Staggered?

Example 1

enter image description here

I'm attempting to do something similar, but I have no idea what the style is called. I've searched for staggered, but no satisfactory results.

  • 1
    Among the general public it's probably best known as the style used in Pinterest, so if someone doesn't know what you mean by " masonry style", "Pinterest style" might get across the type of columns of thumbnails Commented Aug 18, 2013 at 19:25
  • Yes, that's right! I forgot Pinterest uses this style.
    – ckpepper02
    Commented Aug 18, 2013 at 19:57

1 Answer 1


It's called Masonry after bricklaying terminology.

jQuery has plug ins to accomplish such layouts.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.