Well the question pretty much sums it up. I'm running Illustrator CS6 on Windows and after selecting a shape and wanting to round the corners by going to Effect > Stylize I'm looking for the option rounded corners...

All I'm seeing is "Glowing edges", and, well, that's not very helpful is it?

1 Answer 1


There are two sections in this drop down menu. You are looking at the bottom one (labeled Photoshop). The top one (labeled Illustrator) has the same stylize group, but with the effects you seek.

  • 3
    I.. I.. I can't believe I did that stupid mistake! Thanks for pointing that out, I feel like an idiot now. :-/ Commented Sep 3, 2013 at 6:14
  • 1
    No worries @Relborg I got a kick out of it. Commented Sep 3, 2013 at 8:50
  • 1
    We were all new once. At least you asked for help instead of giving up. :) Commented Sep 3, 2013 at 10:07
  • I done the exact same thing!
    – James
    Commented Jun 8, 2016 at 21:49

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.